MAKANI OLU (Gracious Wind)
SSV MAKANI OLU is owned and operated by Marimed Foundation. Our 96-foot, three-masted staysail schooner is retrofitted for sail training in Hawai’i waters and conditions. MAKANI OLU is the central component of Marimed’s experiential programs, including Kailana, a residential treatment and education program for severely at-risk adolescents and Maritime Careers Exploration, an intensive, hands-on maritime job training program for women and men.
Charter MAKANI OLU
Choose Your Own Aventure
MAKANI OLU is also available for education programs, private charters, scientific and cultural expeditions, company events and safety escorts. She can take up to 20 passengers/sail trainees and be chartered for:
• half-day and full-day sails,
• spectacular two to five day interisland sails,
• business /family meetings, events and pleasure sails,
• safety escorts,
• scientific and cultural expeditions to as far as the Northwest Hawaiian Islands, and
• customized long-distance voyages.
See our Charter Brochure for ideas.
Contact Matt.Claybaugh@Marimed.org to discuss opportunities and options.
SSV MAKANI OLU PROFILE
- Flag: USA
- Rig: Staysail schooner, three masted
- Homeport: Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii
- Normal cruising waters: Hawaiian Islands
- Sparred length: 96′ LOA: 85′ LOD: 75′ LWL: 63’ Draft: 8′ Beam: 20′ Rig height: 65′ Freeboard: 5′
- Sail area: 2,000 square feet
- Tons: 68 Power: 210
- Hull: Steel
- Designer: Thomas Kolvin
- Built: 1998: St. Augustine, FL, Schrieber
- Coast Guard Certification: Sailing School Vessel (Subchapter R)
For more information
Matt Claybaugh, President & CEO